Outsell has just released its Information Industry Market Size & Share Rankings: Preliminary 2012 Results. The information industry grew 3.3% to $506 billion. The industry shows strong gains coming from the Web Search, HR and Market & IT Research markets, while the News Providers & Publishers segment continues its slide.
Estimated 2011-2012 revenue growth for the Credit & Financial Information (C&F) and company information segment was 6% respectively. Nevertheless the growth rate is declining when compared to 2011.
The estimated revenues for 2012 for the C&F segments are US$ 55.8 bn and for the company information segment US$4.6bn.
This report includes:
- Preliminary revenue and growth rates for the total information industry, which grew 3.3% in 2012, and its top 100 companies, which collectively grew 6.6%;
- Data on how each segment’s growth stacks up with GDP and the overall information industry;
- Preliminary revenue and growth rates of the top 10 companies in each of 10 industry segments;
- Results of performance and market share from the industry’s top 25 companies;
- A segment-by-segment breakdown and commentary on what’s influencing performance in each market and the key trends driving growth;
- Essential actions for publishers and information providers.
Outsell continuously updates a database of more than 6,500 publishers and information providers worldwide and uses a supply-side methodology to size the information industry. This preliminary market size and share report gives an early indication of the size of the information industry market for 2012. We publish final market size and share metrics in June, and our comprehensive industry forecast comes out in the fall.
Link to this report – http://www.outsellinc.com/store/products/1139