Supporting members in the area of industry advocacy is one of the fundamental roles for BIIA and a key part of our mission.
Our industry advocacy involves the following key activities:
- Monitoring of global regulatory developments
- Working with members on country/regional regulatory initiatives
- Knowledge sharing of developments through:
- Regulatory Newsletter – issued monthly
- Regulatory Roundtables – in Oct 2019 in Bangkok with next one planned for Q1 2021
- Regulatory Affairs Forum
Industry advocacy is further supported by our focused outreach and market engagement activities which include:
- Liaison with fellow industry trade associations such as ACCIS, FEBIS, CDIA and Alacred
- Participation in Industry Representative Bodies such as
- The International Committee on Credit Reporting (ICCR)
- SME Finance Forum
- World Economic Forum
Regulatory Affairs Forum
Set up at the beginning of 2019 in response to feedback from members and chaired by Neil Munroe, Deputy Managing Director the Regulatory Affairs Forums objectives are:
- To facilitate the sharing of information on regulatory developments and
- to discuss how BIIA might be able to support members in influencing policymakers and regulators.
Forum meetings are held virtually every two months, with the next Forum (7th) due to be held on February 18th 2021. The Forum is open to all BIIA Members to take part. Current membership consists of both global and regional/country companies involved in business and consumer information services and other related industries.
Countries represented at the Forum include the Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Cambodia, Germany, Iceland, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UK and the US.
The key topics discussed so far by the Forum include cybersecurity, credit scoring, cross border data sharing, data privacy, digital identity and the treatment of credit data during the COVID 19 pandemic.
If you would like to participate in future meetings of the Forum and learn about regulatory developments in the business and consumer information industry please contact Neil Munroe – email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those members that are already participating in the the Forum and look forward to welcoming new members to te next and susequent meetings of the Forum.
Deputy Managing Director