The Business Information Industry Association (BIIA) is a trade association for providers of a wide range of business and consumer information services which help businesses manage both growth and risk.
Our members’ business interests cover a wide spectrum of services including credit reporting, information content, platforms, workflow software, decision systems, compliance and risk assessment tools.
Membership of the Association provides businesses with a number of important benefits
- BIIA has established one of the largest global networks of business information providers with over 65 members and connecting over 4,000 information professionals.
- Information Resources
- Through the BIIA portal (BIIA.com) and its newsletter, BIIA provides a wealth of information for members, users, regulators and the general public on the latest developments in business and consumer information and its value for users and national economies as a whole.
- The BIIA portal containing over 8,000 posts has become a recognised important resource on standards, trends, technological developments and policies.
- The association monitors business developments and company announcements on a daily basis covering acquisitions / divestitures, product development/introductions, partnerships, international expansion and information professionals on the move.
- BIIA also monitors related industry sectors which impact business and consumer information services and its users such as financial services, fintech, cryptocurrencies, traditional payment services, new sources of data, predictive analytics, e-commerce and intelligent trading platforms.
- The association provides a neutral open forum for its members to debate and resolve common issues with users, regulators, government and the public information sector. We advocate a legal regulatory environment which supports the information industry.
- Industry Advocacy
- The association provides industry advocacy support for its members by monitoring the regulatory environment and by participating in forums with regulators. The associations industry advocacy effort is led by the BIIA regulatory committee. Members benefit from a wide range of expertise and best demonstrated practices.
- Expertise and Knowledge
- The BIIA board of directors consist of a group of volunteers who have an extensive knowledge of the various information industry segments with many years of combined experience which is available to support members:.http://www.biia.com/about-biia/board-of-directors-2.
- Market Engagement
- The association represents the interests of its members by participating in international and regional committees that focus on information services such as the World Bank International Committee on Credit Reporting (ICCR) and the B20 Taskforce on Financing SMEs in Global Value Chains
- The association also represents the interest of its membership by being actively involved in regional initiatives that seek to develop the information that is available to support growth in region such as the Financial Infrastructure Development Network (FIDN) estblished as part of the work of the APEC / ABAC financial infrastructure development forums.
What’s New in Our Industry? Our special expanded search feature lets you filter your search by company, initiative, and date and discover trends in acquisitions, international expansion, partnerships, product development, and information professionals on the move. BIIA has become an indispensable resource for business information professionals.
What’s New in the BIIA Library: The BIIA library contains white papers, opinions, best demonstrated practices and important news on industry trends.
What’s New on the Regulatory Front? A committee of experts is keeping our members in formed of critical regulatory trends and assist members with best demonstrated practices. For latest developments consult: Regulatory Monitoring Reports
BIIA’s database covers industry, company and country news going back to 2005. Our library contains over 9,000 posts with industry announcements, expert opinions, white papers and presentations. You find topics of interest or use the Search function at top right.