In the quarter ended December 31, 2016:
- Revenue was RMB53,248 million (US$7,669 million), an increase of 54% year-over-year.
- Revenue from core commerce increased 45% year-over-year to RMB46,576 million (US$6,708 million).
- Revenue from cloud computing increased 115% year-over-year to RMB1,764 million (US$254 million).
- Revenue from digital media and entertainment increased 273% year-over-year to RMB4,063 million (US$585 million).
- Revenue from innovation initiatives and others increased 61% year-over-year to RMB845 million (US$122 million).
- For the quarter ended December 31, 2016, net cash provided by operating activities was RMB37,416 million (US$5,389 million) and non-GAAP free cash flow was RMB34,122 million (US$4,915 million).
- Mobile MAUs on our China retail marketplaces reached 493 million in December, an increase of 43 million over September, while annual active buyers on our China retail marketplaces reached 443 million, an increase of 4 million from the 12-month period ended in September.
- The number of paying customers of our cloud computing business grew to 765,000 from 651,000 in the previous quarter. Operating loss from cloud computing was RMB339 million (US$49 million) and adjusted EBITA loss was RMB92 million (US$13 million).
- Net income was RMB17,157 million (US$2,471 million), income from operations was RMB20,664 million (US$2,976 million) and adjusted EBITDA was RMB27,021 million (US$3,892 million).
- Operating margin was 39%, adjusted EBITDA margin was 51% and adjusted EBITA margin for core commerce was 64%.
- Diluted EPS was RMB6.94 (US$1.00) and non-GAAP diluted EPS was RMB9.02 (US$1.30).
- Net cash provided by operating activities was RMB37,416 million (US$5,389 million) and nonGAAP free cash flow was RMB34,122 million (US$4,915 million).
International expansion: Laying the foundation for long-term growth. Our cross-border and international consumer businesses saw robust growth during the quarter. These businesses comprise Tmall Global for cross-border imports, AliExpress for cross-border exports, and Lazada for the Southeast Asia market. We continue to see opportunities in overseas markets where we bring a unique value proposition to
merchants and consumers. For instance, Tmall Global provides global brands, retailers, small businesses and farmers from economies around the world access to over 440 million Chinese consumers on our platform. Further, we continue to invest in the commerce infrastructure in emerging markets, such as Southeast Asia, to expand merchant and consumer opportunities and capture the long-term growth potential of cross-border and local trade.
Achievements in anti-counterfeiting: More than 100,000 brands do business on Alibaba’s marketplaces – a clear demonstration of the trust that they place in us. Over the past year, our anti-counterfeiting initiatives have produced effective results and more brands have decided to proactively work with us in joint anticounterfeiting initiatives. Recently we formed a coalition with about twenty major brands to leverage our big data capabilities to crack down on counterfeiting. These brands include Louis Vuitton, Samsung, Swarovski, Mars, Inc. and Ford Motor Company.
Source: Alibaba Press Release