Set up at the beginning of 2019 in response to feedback from members and chaired by Neil Munroe, Managing Director the Regulatory Affairs Forums objectives are:
- To facilitate the sharing of information on regulatory developments and
- to discuss how BIIA might be able to support members in influencing policymakers and regulators.
Forum meetings are held virtually every two months and is open to all BIIA Members to take part. Current membership consists of both global and regional/country companies involved in business and consumer information services and other related industries.
Countries represented at the Forum include the Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Cambodia, Germany, Iceland, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand, UK and the US.
If you would like to participate in future meetings of the Forum and learn about regulatory developments in the business and consumer information industry please contact Neil Munroe – firstname.lastname@example.org
BIIA, as a neutral non-partisan body, facilitates a Middle East and Asia Pacific Regulatory Roundtable.
Roundtables are hosted by BIIA on a regular basis (if possible at least once a year) to enable the meeting of a number of regulators from the Asia Pacific region to discuss key areas of interest as they relate to credit reporting.
The objectives of the Roundtable are:
- to facilitate and promote closer regional discussion and engagement by regulators on the topic of credit reporting enabling a better understanding of the regional challenges facing regulators and the credit reporting system and their role in the overall credit information sharing environment.
- to help regional regulators identify areas of mutual concern and potential collaboration, as well as gaining insight into how the credit reporting industry may change or evolve in response to changing demands and requirements.
- to promote closer engagement with the ICCR as the global credit reporting standards setting body, enabling regulators in the region to work with the committee on key areas requiring global guidance.
- From the discussions to agree on a work plan on identified issues to assist regulators in the region.
The Roundtable events normally consist of an initial meeting of regulators and representatives from the International Committee on Credit Reporting (ICCR) and BIIA followed by a meeting which includes other stakeholders such as credit reporting service providers.
As the last Roundtable in March 2021, 16 Regulators from 15 countries were represented including Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papa New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
The event is held as an ‘invitation only’ event and operates under ‘Chatham House’ rules to ensure an open dialogue amongst participants.
Regulators who would like to be part of future Regulatory Roundtable events should contact Neil Munroe, Managing Director at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Committee Chair: Markus Bergthaler, Board Member and Risk, Fraud and Payments SME, Independent Consultant
- Alex Ford, President Encompass North America
- David O’Reilly, Group Marketing Director at Creditsafe
- Ingrid Riehl, BIIA Volunteer, Consumer Powered Personal Data Economy Via Mobile Telco Ecosystem / Consumer & Commercial Credit Bureau Senior Executive
- Britta Klatte, Head of International Business at SCHUFA Holding AG