The BIIA Newsletter October I – 2019 Issue is posted on this website. To download the document, please click on this link: BIIA Newsletter October I – 2019 Issue F
There is still time to register to attend the BIIA 2019 Biennial Conference. However, we like to alert members that the registration closes on October 16th.
Like the past two conferences BIIA is focusing on technology shifts and their potential impact on clients and member businesses. In 2017 we focused on ‘Embracing Digitization’. In 2019 we taking a close look at artificial intelligence (AI) and its potential benefits and a number of other highly relevant topics, such as:
- The Changing Dynamics of Risk Management Information: The availability of data for use in risk management is changing at a rapid pace through the advent of new technology, the changing behavior of consumers, followed by the intervention of regulators
- Financial Inclusion is driven by the need to provide access to finance for individuals, micro and small business. What does SME Financial Inclusion mean and the dilemmas it faces? What will be the way forward: “Credit information is dead, long live ‘financial capability information’!
- Identity has become a major business activity driven by AML, KYC, eKYC compliance requirements. We will hear from information professionals about the opportunities and risks in walking the fine line between transparency and privacy. BIIA has invited compliance professionals to provide a forward looking perspective of their information needs.
- The Future of Credit & Credit Information – Given the almost unprecedented pace of technological change we expect this panel discussion to be rather provocative.
The response of our members have been very positive and we are heading for a sell-out. The registration will close on October 16th.
The October I – 2019 Issue of this newsletter covers a number of interesting developments:
Late Breaking News:
- The Global SME Finance Forum Banks on Innovation to Close the Global SME Financing Gap
- New Entrants in the InsurTech Credit Information Niche
- Digital Identity Protection is One of the Top Issues for Federal Agencies at FedID 19
- Acxiom, Dun & Bradstreet Partner to Enable Marketers to Better Understand Where Consumers’ Business and Personal Data Intersect
- Equifax and Alchemy in Partnership
- Dun & Bradstreet Survey: Confidence Falls as Cyber Threats & AI Add to Risk Management Challenges
- Refinitiv Launches ‘Qual-ID’ Integrating Digital Identity Technology with KYC Due Diligence
- Trulioo Announces $70M in Funding
- GBG Solution Loqate Announces Global Partnership with NavInfo Europe
- FICO and Visma Connect in Partnership
- FICO Opens AI Portfolio to Fight Next-generation Fraud and Financial Crime
- The Future of Cyber Security Is AI
Credit Bureau News:
- New CRIF Platform Enables New Banking Collaborative Models
- TransUnion Canada: The Rising Threat and Difficulty of Preventing Data Breaches
- Joint Collaboration Delivers FinTech-like Capabilities for Credit Unions
- Creditinfo Inks Deal with Indonesia’s PBK
BIIA 2019 Biennial Conference: We thank our sponsors for supporting the BIIA 2019 Biennial Conference (their logos are listed in this newsletter and on the BIIA conference events pages)
Joachim C Bartels
Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief