The BIIA Newsletter September I – 2017 Issue is posted on this website. To download the document, please click on this link: BIIA Newsletter September I – 2017 Issue Final
With the summer holiday period behind us we certainly feel an uptick of activities. The Equifax data breach came as a severe shock, not just for Equifax, but for the entire credit bureau industry. Credit bureaus hold sensitive data and are therefore a primary target for cyber criminals. We had expected that data breaches could happen, but no one was prepared for a data breach of such magnitude. Equifax is blaming a flaw in a vendor’s software. So who can you trust?
Our industry is still investing in platforms, analytics and AI. Therefore it is not surprising that those companies with the best analytical skills have a higher enterprise value than those who invest in data only. Thus we ask you to take a look at the latest data from Marlin Associates: What is your business worth?
Late Breaking News:
- Data Breach at Equifax
- Equifax: Flaw in Vendor Software Blamed
- Business Information Industry Continues to Invest in Platforms, Analytics and AI
- What is your Business Worth?
- Koniku Kore: The First Cyborg – Is it Real?
- Tinubu Square Provides Fresh Perspectives on Customer Risk Management with New Updates to its Popular Risk Platform
- HG Data Announces Availability of HG Connect on the Salesforce AppExchange
- Creditsafe USA Named by INC 5000 as One of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Moody’s Completes Acquisition of Bureau van Dijk
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Drives Global Expansion with Multi-language Telematics Capability
News from China:
- Alibaba Appears to Dominate B2B in India
- China Establishes ‘Cyber-court’ for Online Cases
- China’s Cyber Regulator is investigating the Country’s Top Social Media Sites over Banned Content
Consumer Credit Information:
- New TransUnion Study Explores Millennial and Generation X Credit Dynamics
- TransUnion Cibil Ltd – Digitizing Systems for Future-Ready Banking
- CoreLogic Credco and Equifax in Partnership
People on the Move:
- Nerida Caesar to Join Westpac Board as an Independent, Non-executive Director
BIIA 2017 Biennial Conference
We thank our members and sponsors for their support.
Joachim C Bartels
Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief