Metropol Corporation Limited was established in Kenya in 1996 as Credit Rating and Debt Management Company under the name Metropol Business Services Limited. The name was changed in 1997 to Metropol East Africa Limited and again recently to Metropol Corporation Limited (“MCL”). In 1997, Metropol entered into an exclusive contract with Dun & Bradstreet International (D&B) as a correspondent and distributor of their products in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. This relationship lasted for 10 years (up to April 2006) and provided Metropol with a solid base for its current business. Effective April 2006 Dun and Bradstreet changed its corporate policy on alliance partners and established an office in Dubai from where they service their clients in Kenya.
Metropol Corporation Limited used the D&B relationship to develop its capabilities in credit reporting. The company continues to undertake credit ratings and credit reporting of companies for all sectors of the economy in addition to provision of Business Information Reports. The company offers these services to lenders, bankers and credit providers (on the supply side) as well as specialized services to borrowers (on the demand side). These services include debt management, training, outsourcing, credit audits, feasibility studies, review, and preparation of project and funding proposals.
Metropol has correspondent relationships and strategic partnerships with leading companies in the credit and capital markets.
Metropol Corporation Limited has developed a successful business in credit ratings and reporting since its formation over the last 9 years. The company now lies on the crest of a unique opportunity to extend its innovative products and services in the credit and capital markets. The Metropol Group’s strategic positioning and depth of capabilities are designed to achieve high profitability and market leadership in Kenya and the rest of the Eastern African region. The Group plans to attain significant market share as it expands its operations into the rest of the African continent.
Metropol Corporation Limited and its team of dedicated staff and associates is a true partner in credit ratings and analysis, bank and SME ratings and enterprise development. The vision of the company is to be the leading and preferred credit rating, credit and business information and credit management provider in Kenya and across the region.
Metropol Corporation Limited is the holding company and principal business unit of the Group has the following Subsidiaries and Divisions:
- Metropol Credit Reference Bureau Limited: maintains credit information database and provides CRB reports to banks and institutions licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya under the Banking Act & Microfinance Act Credit Reference Bureau Regulations 2013.
- Metropol Credit Management Services Limited: Offers Credit Management Services (CMS) services to individuals and companies, active and delinquent account management, collections, debt recovery and debtor tracing in Kenya.
- Metropol Institute of Credit Management Limited: Focuses on training Services.
- Metropol Technologies Limited: Focuses on developing technological solutions for the group and external clients.
- Metropol Uganda Limited: maintains credit information database and provides CRB reports to banks and institutions licensed by the Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions (Credit Reference Bureaus) Regulations 2005.
- Metropol Credit Management Services Limited – Uganda: Offers Credit Management Services (CMS) services to individuals and companies, active and delinquent account management, collections, debt recovery and debtor tracing in Uganda.
- Metropol Corporation Tanzania Limited: Currently inactive subsidiary set up to obtain a CRB license to provide CRB reports to banks and institutions licensed by the Bank of Tanzania.
- Metropol Corporation Limited – Rwanda: subsidiary set up to provide credit risk management services in the Rwanda market and specifically SME Ratings.
- Ratings Division: focuses in providing Corporate and SME ratings within the region.
- Trade Credit Division: focuses in providing local and international business information reports.
Name: Metropol Corporation Limited
Registered Office: 13th Floor, Hazina Towers, Utalii Lane
Certificate of Incorporation Number: C. 74189
Date of Incorporation: 29 July 1997
Place and Country of Incorporation: Nairobi, Kenya
PIN Number: P051115543S
Date of Registration: 25th February 1997
Value Added Tax Number: 0115891J
Effective Date of VAT Registration: 22nd June 2000
Number of full-time staff: 210 (Group-wide)
Metropol Corporation Limited
15th Floor, KCB Towers, Kenya Road, Upperhill,
P.O. Box 35331-00200
Phone: +254 20 2250696,