The Saudi Credit Bureau (SIMAH) is the first and sole licensed national credit bureau offering consumer and commercial credit information services to respective members in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It was established in 2002 and began operating on the ground in 2004 under the supervisory umbrella of Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA). The idea goes back into 1998 when national commercial banks and SAMA thought of establishing a Saudi credit bureau offering consumer and commercial information. Meetings were held for this purpose and officials were assigned to coordinate with the World Bank to consider existing international experiences for some countries to establish a credit bureau based on methodological and knowledge approaches to contribute to the Saudi national economy. SIMAH was then established to operate within the context of the current banking act and regulations issued by SAMA.
To provide comprehensive credit information services and added-value products by utilizing best business practices, thereby offering the highest standards of professionalism to stakeholders in the financial sector and beyond.
Value Added Services
- Rating corporate in coordination with international companies. Credit training sessions and risk management solutions.
- Prevention fraud and money laundering systems.
- SMEs’ Scoring.
- Credit & Solvency indices.
- Credit Bureau establishment consultancy.
- National Data Polling (NDP) (Basel II).
- Customer Management Applications.
- Debt Management Applications.
- Collection Process Applications.
The Saudi Credit Bureau (SIMAH).
Granada Business Park, Tower (B3)
P. O. Box 8859 Riyadh 11492
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
Tel: +966 9200 00046 Ext. 1
Fax: ( +966 11 2188797) (+966 11 2188787)
E-mail: [email protected]