Live Event– Dec. 4 @ 2 pm ET
The California Consumer Privacy Act’s (CCPA) effective date of January 1, 2020 is just around the corner. With a broad array of new requirements for data privacy, the CCPA will be a game changer and likely require significant changes to your internal and external policies, procedures, and systems. To stay in compliance, financial service providers will need to look at their own data, how it is collected, and how it is used.
Join CDIA on December 4 for an in-depth discussion on the CCPA, with our panel of skilled legal professionals, Kim Phan, Partner, Ballard Spahr LLP; Rob Hartwell, Associate, Venable LLP; and
Eric J. Ellman, Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Legal Affairs at CDIA. This event includes a live Q&A session moderated by Francis Creighton, CEO & President of CDIA.
- Who is covered and who is not?
- Exemptions and how they relate to federal financial privacy laws
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Driver’s Privacy Protection Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Updating your internal and external policies and procedures
- Data mapping
- Arbitration provisions
- Vendor contracts and renewals
- What is considered a sale under CCPA
- Customer service training
- CCPA’s influence on state and federal privacy legislation
Duration: 60 minutes
- $165 per phone line – CDIA Members
- $240 per phone line – Non-Member
- Complimentary – Annual Teleseminar Subscribers
If you can’t join us for the scheduled teleseminar, you may register for the on-demand version of this event. The replay file as well as the handout material will be emailed to you approximately 48 hours after the event
Or, purchase CDIA’s Annual Teleseminar Subscription Package and you will be enrolled automatically in all upcoming regulatory compliance teleseminars, plus gain access to our archive files of previous events!
If you have any further questions about this event or wish to register via phone, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 408 7417.
To view CDIA’s attendance policy, please click here.
Legal Disclaimer: CDIA’s teleseminars are educational in nature and do not represent legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult an attorney in your jurisdiction.
Source: CDIA – Consumer Data Industry Association – Washington DC 20005; phone 202.371.0910 – https://www.cdiaonline.org/