Country Risk Climates: Trends to Keep an Eye On
- Czech Republic – another close call for the government;
- Ethiopia – dealing a rebuff to Egypt;
- Italy – local elections give PM Letta a boost;
- Luxembourg – twin votes of no confidence in parliament;
- Sudan – still arguing with the South;
- Switzerland – an arrow into the heart of bank secrecy.
BRAZIL: The government may have won the currency war …
ETHIOPIA: The nation’s finances are not keeping up with the government’s development plans ….
HUNGARY: It appears, at least for the time being, that the Orban government’s unorthodox approach to economic policy is proving to be more successful than we had anticipated ….
LIBYA: The short-term outlook for the economy is favorable ….
MEXICO: Tensions between the government of Pres. Pena Nieto and the dinosaurs in the ruling PRI have erupted into the open ….
PAKISTAN: Easing the country’s energy crisis and ending the US drone strikes seem to be top-ranked goals on Prime Minister Sharif’s to-do list ….
QATAR: There are strong indications that the ruling family is preparing for a leadership transition to a younger generation that would be quite unusual in the Gulf Arab world ….
VIETNAM: Though allowed to remain in his job, the Prime Minister was dealt a rare rebuke by parliament in a demonstration of discontent over endemic corruption ….
To read the full report click on this link: Weekly Focus 6-13-13