Alberto Sondri, CRIF Servicing Director, was among the speakers at the event, focusing on the role of the Servicer and introducing a case study from CRIF’s experience in the Italian Non-Performing Loan (NPL) market. CRIF sponsored the 2016 autumn edition of the NPL Europe conference organized by SmithNovak.
The event, held in London on September 29-30, was attended by 402 delegates from 204 companies from all over Europe, and featured multiple break-out rooms, interactive discussions and short presentations.
Alberto Sondri, CRIF Servicing Director, spoke about “The role of the Servicer: extracting maximum value from NPL portfolios in ‘less than a week’”, introducing a case study from CRIF’s experience in the Italian market.
Key topics of the speech included how to:
- Accelerate understanding of the NPL portfolio
- Cut NPL management start-up times
- Maximize NPL portfolio cash flows.
According to CRIF’s experience, these challenges can be successfully met thanks to “combinatorial innovation” deriving from the application of existing technologies not yet widespread in the Italian NPL Servicing practice:
- Currently used in other phases of the credit life cycle; as for example, credit bureau data and advanced analytics.
- Newly introduced by legislative bodies and the financial system; as for example, the introduction of a digital registry for foreclosure and insolvency procedures.
Through CRIF Servicing, CRIF operates as a Special Servicer to the Non-Performing Loan market in Italy. The team dedicated to due diligence and to the management of NPLs specializes in small/medium ticket, secured and unsecured portfolios.
Source: CRIF News