CRIF NM Credit Assure Limited (CNM-CAL), a joint venture between CRIF and Neal & Massy, has applied for a license to operate a credit bureau in Jamaica.

CRIF NM-CAL was established with the objective of providing world class credit bureau and related value added services to Jamaica and the Caribbean. The bureau will benefit from the experience, know-how, and support of both CRIF and Neal & Massy, with CRIF providing the technology platform, industry knowledge and value added products, and Neal & Massy providing the IT infrastructure, local industry knowledge and experience through 80 years of doing business in the Caribbean.

About Neal & Massy

The Neal & Massy Group of Companies is a world-class corporation operating in the majority of the English-speaking countries of the Caribbean.   Neal & Massy operates across a wide spectrum of industries, offers a range of quality products and services and represents several international brands. The group has a long established reputation, for integrity and fair play in business dealings, built over an 80-year history.  Neal and Massy’s ICT presence in Jamaica is through ILLUMINAT, an IT solutions provider to a number of banks, financial institutions and major corporations in Jamaica and throughout the Caribbean.

About CRIF

CRIF (headquartered in Italy) is an independent company with 90% of its capital held by founder members and management, and the remaining 10% by various credit institutions. Among the latter, 3 international banks have been present in the shareholding group since the 1990s, namely BNL-BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank and Banco Popolare (the largest Italian public cooperative credit institution).

In 2010, the CRIF total revenue was 261 million Euro, representing a growth of 22,5% compared to 2009.
The number of CRIF employees in its offices and subsidiaries in Italy and around the world had reached over 1,300.

To read the entire story click on this link