Newest edition of expert-written annual guide provides marketers with a deeper understanding of how to reach and engage customers in today’s hyperconnected and complex digital world
Experian Marketing Services announced the release of the 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report. Now in its fourth year, this 128-page report has become the go-to resource for key industry benchmarks, insights and data that marketing executives need to stay in front of consumer and technology trends.
New research by Experian Marketing Services found that 46 percent of marketers cite multichannel coordination as their biggest challenge over the past 12 to 18 months. Created to help demystify today’s rapidly changing digital landscape, the 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report pulls from Experian Marketing Services’ rich data resources, full-scope analytics and extensive thought leadership from the company’s most influential digital-marketing leaders. This year’s report includes new data-driven insights on key digital-marketing channels, including addressable advertising, email marketing, mobile, search, online communities, social media and more.
Key findings from the 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report include:
- Ninety-one percent of today’s online adults use social media regularly
- Revenue per email averages two times higher for “friends and family” campaigns
- Twenty-eight percent of smartphone owners watch videos on their phones in a typical month
- Pinterest is now the third most popular social networking site behind Facebook and Twitter
- Ninety-two percent of businesses feel their contact data is inaccurate in some way
The 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report is available via a free download at http://go.experian.com/forms/experian-digital-marketer-2012.