Harte Hanks Announces New Leadership Appointments to Energize Growth and Accelerate Strategic Transformation
Harte Hanks announced its third leadership change within the last four years with the appointments of:
- Andrew Benett was appointed as Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Andrew is a seasoned executive with over 20 years of expertise in brand development, digital, direct, and marketing technology, and he was the former global CEO of Havas Creative Group, a leading marketing communications network with 12,000 employees.
- Brian Linscott was appointed Chief Operating Officer. Brian has an accomplished track record for improving financial and operational results, and his prior positions include CFO of Sun Times Media, LLC, a media company that included the Chicago Sun-Times, Managing Director of Huron Consulting Group, and a Partner at BR Advisors, where he led operation improvement, developed new partnerships and drove topline growth for media clients and other companies.
- Lauri Kearnes was promoted to Chief Financial Officer, replacing Mark Del Priore, who will be leaving the Company. Lauri has held a variety of finance positions at the Company of increasing responsibility over the past sixteen years, and both she and Mark played a critical role in the restructuring.
- Evan Behrens was named Lead Independent Director.
- Andrew Harrison stepped down as President, but will remain with the Company, and report to Andrew Benett in an executive advisory role.
Al Tobia, the former Chairman of the Board, stated, “We are excited to have someone of Andrew’s caliber and accomplishments. He is ideally suited to lead Harte Hanks, given his exceptional 20-plus year track record delivering top- and bottom-line growth. Andrew’s skills in brand strategy, modern marketing, and new media will complement Brian’s operational and financial expertise. Combined with Lauri’s deep institutional knowledge and solid finance background, the new leadership team shifts the Company’s focus from cost-cutting and strategic realignment to growth and improved profitability.”
Andrew Benett, Harte Hanks’ new Executive Chairman and CEO, stated, “Harte Hanks has a deep-seated and well-established position in the data, digital and direct marketing industry. I have admired the Company for years. At its core, Harte Hanks’ businesses play a vital and proven role in building our clients’ brands. I am excited to join the team and help lead Harte Hanks into its next chapter.”
Mr. Tobia further stated, “The Board expresses sincere appreciation to Andrew Harrison for his leadership during our restructuring and for continuing to serve the Company in an executive advisory role. The Board also thanks Mark Del Priore for his work on the restructuring and wishes him well in his future endeavors.”
Mr. Tobia, continued, “As part of this realignment of the Board and management transition, Evan Behrens has been appointed as Lead Independent Director. Evan and I worked closely during the recruitment process. I am confident that under Andrew’s and Evan’s oversight and guidance, the new management team will be well positioned to lead Harte Hanks to the next phase of its development.”
Mr. Tobia concluded, “We have taken shareholder feedback into the boardroom. We reconstituted the full board with effective, independent directors, and established a robust governance framework and restructured the entire senior leadership team. The Board believes the Company is well-positioned to refocus on growth going forward. It is the right time for me to step down as Chairman.”