Outsell, Inc., the world’s only research and advisory firm focused on media, information, technology, and data today released its B2B Trade, Business & Company Information Market Sizing report. The report B2B Trade, Business and Company Information 2016 shows that B2B media and information companies with diversified revenue streams grew faster than those solely focused on advertising and information in 2015. The market size for this segment in 2015 was US$ 38.2bn.
“A lot of the growth came from events,” said Barry Parr, Director and Lead Analyst. “UBM acquired Advanstar, a major US events producer, and concentrated on its events-first strategy. Other large events producers continued to manage their portfolios for growth. Media companies that relied on advertising revenue were mostly flat or down in 2015.”
The report profiles a market where merely adapting traditional media business models to the digital realm is no longer sufficient for growth:
- Company, Contact & Personal Information was flat, with all of the growth coming from LinkedIn.
- Digital and Event revenue is increasing among B2B media, and print continues to decline.
- Most of the growth in B2B media and information is concentrated in six of the top 10 companies.
- Account-based marketing is poised to remake advertising sales in B2B media.
- Recurring services revenue is increasingly important the media and information companies.
The report analyzes the forces and disruptive competitors driving the B2B Trade, Business & Company Information markets, and includes essential actions for organizations looking to compete as the market transforms.
For more information about this report, please contact Srini Gomatam at [email protected], or call +1 650-342-6060.
Source: Outsell Press Release