Mike Bradford, BIIA’s Expert Adviser on Privacy and Regulatory Affairs reports on key regulatory matters. Below are a number of topics which may be of interest to our membership:
- Anonymisation code: The UK Information Commissioner’s Office has published a code of practice on managing risks associated with anonymisation emphasising how to protect the privacy of individuals.
- Justice Committee Report on new Regulation: The UK’s Justice Committee has published its third report on the draft Data Protection Regulation stating that it needs to “go back to the drawing board”.
- The Leveson report: ‘What Price Privacy?’ and ‘What Price Privacy Now?’
- Irish Data Protection Office investigates potential credit report data breach: Experian is being investigated by Irish Regulators regarding breaches of the company’s databases.
- Update on the European Union data protection framework
To read the full report click on the link: 1212-newsletter
Mike Bradford can be reached at: [email protected]