Symantec Introduces Advanced EDR Tools and Fully-Managed Service to Stop the Most Dangerous Cyber Threats
New EDR innovations and industry-leading threat hunting service now available to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes
Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC), the world’s leading cyber security company, has announced a new Managed Endpoint Detection and Response (MEDR) service and enhanced EDR 4.0 technology. These advancements improve attack discovery and incident response using AI-driven analytics and automation to quickly discover and stop sophisticated cyber attacks.
Enterprise IT and Security Ops teams are increasingly challenged to investigate and respond to advanced and emerging threats with available resources and staff. Symantec’s MEDR service harnesses the power of EDR 4.0 to improve incident response, threat hunting and forensics, fortifying teams with investigation expertise and threat intelligence from a world-class team of Symantec SOC analysts.
Symantec MEDR detects stealthy attacks and expertly examines suspicious activity for faster incident validation and response. A powerful combination of Symantec EDR 4.0, the SOC technology platform, and the Global Intelligence Network, allows Symantec analysts to provide 24×7 expertise. Managed threat hunting, remote investigations, and endpoint containment enable security teams around the world to stay ahead of threats. Features include:
- Industry- and region-specific analysts provide 24×7 coverage across six global SOCs.
- Managed threat hunting provides detection for zero-day and unknown threats.
- Industry best practices including MITRE ATT&CK framework help to quickly identify critical indicators of attack.
- Rapid containment of compromised endpoints using pre-authorized measures.
- Custom and emerging threat reports, business reviews, and 24×7 coverage.
Symantec’s EDR 4.0 continuously updates AI-driven detection engines using threat research from Symantec’s elite team of researchers and global telemetry from 175 million endpoints to train analytics to detect new attack patterns. EDR 4.0 is now available on any device, anywhere, before or after an attack. New features include:
- Advanced attack detections to help thwart “living off the land” fileless attacks.
- Automated playbooks to quickly initiate investigations.
- MITRE ATT&CK framework enrichment to expose gaps in the attack lifecycle.
- Advanced pre- and post-breach comprehensive EDR tools.
- Flexible deployment options for Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and non-SEP endpoints for macOS, Linux, and Windows.
Symantec MEDR and EDR 4.0 are available now. For more information, please visit:
- MEDR: https://www.symantec.com/services/cyber-security-services/managed-endpoint-detection-and-response-service
- EDR: https://www.symantec.com/products/endpoint-detection-and-response
Source: Symantec Press Release