- There is revolution at every turn and evolution on every straight stretch:
- Big Data – taking the analytics to the content
- Open Data – even government is getting involved
- Start‐up economy is vibrant
- Major advances in analytics, extraction and data‐mining
- Welcome to the Networked Society with profound changes in relationships
- The Attention Economy – Attention is the scarcest commodity in the network. Obtaining and exploiting user attention is thus the highest value:
- Ready for Change? ABOVE ALL – do you really understand how users behave and what they need (not what they tell you they need!)
- Do we know what customers really need? Market pressure on cost, quality and pricing places focus on productivity (save time, resources and people), decision making and compliance and all in real time!
- Where is technology going?
- A Post-Modern Manifesto for Publishing (and business information services)
- There will be a diminishing emphasis on content, its ownership and proprietary nature
- The asset will become the understanding of customer needs, and turning that into trust and authority by virtue of satisfying those needs with solutions that satisfied my mantra: productivity gain, decision‐making enhancement, and compliance management
- Is this a trend or torrent?
- Worlock quotes recent observations of BIIA of company announcements: 36% involved analytics, decision systems, fraud prevention services, workflow tools and only 20% involved b2b content.
To read the full story click on the attachment: The-Future-of-Publishing-IXXUS-David-Worlock-March-2012