- Total revenue for the quarter was $619 million, an increase of 15 percent (17 percent on a constant currency basis, 6 percent on an organic constant currency basis) compared with the first quarter of 2018.
- Adjusted Revenue, which removes the impact of deferred revenue purchase accounting reductions and other adjustments to revenue for our recently acquired entities, was $623 million for the quarter, an increase of 16 percent (18 percent on a constant currency basis, 6 percent on an organic constant currency basis, 7 percent on an organic constant currency basis excluding last year’s incremental credit monitoring revenue due to a breach at a competitor) compared with the first quarter of 2018.
- Net income attributable to TransUnion was $71 million for the first quarter, compared with $73 million in the first quarter of 2018. Diluted earnings per share was $0.37 for the quarter, compared with $0.38 in the first quarter of 2018.
- Adjusted Net Income was $115 million, compared with $107 million in the first quarter of 2018. Adjusted Diluted Earnings per Share was $0.60, compared with $0.57 in the first quarter of 2018.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was $239 million, an increase of 18 percent (20 percent on a constant currency basis) compared with the first quarter of 2018. Adjusted EBITDA margin for the quarter was 38.3 percent, compared with 37.7 percent in the first quarter of 2018.
“TransUnion delivered another good quarter to start the year, putting us in position to have a strong 2019,” said Jim Peck, President and CEO. “We continue to see broad-based, innovation-driven growth across our portfolio. This quarter, our International segment delivered particularly strong performance highlighted by outstanding local currency results in India, Canada, Latin America and Asia Pacific.”
“One of the hallmarks of our business model is the ability to deliver attractive top and bottom line growth while also investing for the long-term. As we continue to invest, both organically and through acquisitions, we are successfully leveraging the unique and differentiated data assets and capabilities of the company to position us for future growth. This gives us great conviction in the long-term outlook for the company.”
Source: TransUnion Earnings Release