TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) (the “Company”) has announced financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
- Delivered strong growth with contributions from all three segments, driven by an accelerated economic recovery across most markets during the quarter and the benefit from ongoing business wins.
- Increased full year 2021 financial guidance to reflect first quarter out-performance and a more bullish view of the remainder of the year.
- Continuing to aggressively invest to position TransUnion for long-term sustained growth.
First Quarter 2021 Results
- Total revenue for the quarter was $745 million, an increase of 8 percent (8 percent on a constant currency basis, 7 percent on an organic constant currency basis) compared with the first quarter of 2020.
- Net income attributable to TransUnion was $128 million for the quarter, compared with $70 million for the first quarter of 2020. Diluted earnings per share was $0.67, compared with $0.37 for the first quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted Net Income was $176 million for the quarter, compared with $141 million for the first quarter of 2020. Adjusted Diluted Earnings per Share for the quarter was $0.91, compared with $0.73 for the first quarter of 2020.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $300 million for the quarter, an increase of 14 percent (13 percent on a constant currency basis, 14 percent on an organic constant currency basis) compared with the first quarter of 2020. Adjusted EBITDA margin was 40.3 percent, compared with 38.3 percent for the first quarter of 2020.
“TransUnion delivered a strong quarter driven by accelerating macroeconomic recovery across most of our markets as well as the benefits of our diversified portfolio and ongoing business wins,” said Chris Cartwright, President and CEO. “As a result, we out-performed our guidance and have raised our outlook for the remainder of the year to reflect the stronger underlying business conditions, particularly in the U.S., that have become more visible over the past several months.”
Source: TransUnion Earnings Release