TransUnion has introduced its new Affordability Solution for Gaming to support gaming companies as the industry continues to increase its focus on responsible gambling and consumer protection.
Designed, developed and tested over 12 months by TransUnion experts, its key function is to help support gaming operators in their social responsibility practices, ahead of foreseen legislation from the UK Gambling Commission to protect vulnerable gamblers.
It uses combined individual-level financial data and industry-recognised scores built by TransUnion, along with socio-demographic data and property data, to assess new players in real time. The solution is already being used by some of the leading names in gaming, both in the UK and internationally, with improved onboarding and assessment practices cited amongst the results.
TransUnion’s new Affordability Solution for Gaming provides a deeper understanding into players and enables gaming operators to:
- Make responsible decisions using the red, amber or green status to understand the potential risk level of a player. The player will also be issued with an index score of one to 20, relating to affordability or propensity of the individual to be suffering financial hardship
- Treat customers fairly and support regulatory compliance strategies, using granular-level real-time data to validate reasoning and provide a clear audit trail
- Deploy the solution at the most appropriate stage of the customer lifecycle using TransUnion’s single API – this could be at registration, deposit, withdrawal, or when a player hits any deposit or loss trigger
- Use behavioural and transactional data — such as playing time or deposit and loss amounts — to better look after players through a dynamic and predictive tool
- Invest in a long term strategy that will develop with future market requirements
Further information on the new Affordability Solution for Gaming can be found on the TransUnion UK website.
Source: TranUnion Press Release