The BIIA Newsletter April I – 2021 Issue is posted on this website. To download the document, please click on this link: BIIA Newsletter April I – 2021 Issue
As posted in the recent newsletters we are looking for volunteers for our ‘BIIA 2022 Conference Working Group’. There is a link to our preliminary events website on the first page of this newsletter. We would like to remind our members that all our conferences, the BIIA 10th Anniversary conference in 2015, BIIA 2017 Biennial and the BIIA 2019 Biennial conferences were sold out events. All of these conferences dealt with burning issues such as ‘Embracing Digitization’ and ‘AI + Analytics + Data = The Future of Risk Management.’ We encourage you to click on this link to refresh your memory.
Apart from technology, AI, analytics, data and risk management related topics, we will dedicate, like in the BIIA 2019 Biennial conference, considerable time to themes relating to ‘identification and authentication, identity theft prevention, automation in onboarding and monitoring’, which are part of the compliance conundrum about insufficient data, the requirement to comply with AML/KYC regulations, but being hamstrung by privacy restrictions.
For members and the industry as a whole, COVID 19 has compressed the move to market from a three-year development timeframe to one year (Forrester Research). Thus, everyone is asking the question: ‘What next?’.
Late Breaking News:
- Acquisitions, Partnerships, Product Development and International Expansion
- Forrester: These Five Threats Could Hobble Pandemic Recovery
- CTOS Data Systems Unveils Application Fraud Bureau IDGuard
- CTOS Provides Tenant Screening for Landlords, Property Agents
- Cerved Group Q4 2020 Revenue Down 14.7%, Full Year Down 6.3%
- Credit Information Corporation (CIC) Enlists 106th Accessing Entity
- DUNS100 Achievers Program Launches in the UAE
- Creditinfo Group Becomes Majority Shareholder of Kredītinformācijas Birojs (KIB)
- Creditinfo Appoints Former Experian Consultant as Global Sales Leader
- Equifax Partners with Recordent to Provide Credit Reports to MSMEs
- kompany is Partnering with Fellow RegTech Firm RiskScreen
- LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Named Best Cybersecurity Solution by Asian Private Banker Technology Awards for Second Year in a Row
- LexisNexis Risk Solutions Named “Best Fraud Prevention Company” in 2021 FinTech Breakthrough Awards
- Heard on the (Wall) ‘Street’: Analyst Waits for Revenue Growth at D&B
- FICO Analytics Boosts Fraud Detection
- Fitch Group to Acquire CreditSights, Inc.
- Trulioo Appoints Hal Lonas as CTO
- ZoomInfo Announces Executive Leadership Changes to Power Growth
Credit Bureau News:
- Equifax Announces Acquisition of i2verify
- One Year after COVID-19, New TransUnion Research Shows Digital Fraud Attempts Against Businesses Have Increased by 46%
- Experian and Rate Reset Collaborate to Enable Credit Unions To Provide A Frictionless Digital Prequalification Experience
- UK Credit Awareness Week: Millions Still Excluded From Mainstream Financial Services Despite Drop in ‘Credit Invisibles’
- FICO Survey: 56% of Filipinos Prefer to Use Digital Channels to Engage with their Bank During Financial Hardship
Joachim C Bartels
Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief