FinTech Startup: Stripe
San Francisco, CA
- What it does: Stripe is a set of unified APIs and tools that instantly enable businesses to accept and manage online payments.
- Why it’s hot: Stripe is a developer-focused, instant-setup payment platform that can scale to any size.
- Stripe powers so many new businesses, it’s a snapshot of how the internet is changing; many users are in categories that barely existed five years ago.
- Customers: Stripe now processes billions of dollars a year for thousands of businesses, from newly-launched start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Bottomline: Stripe is the best way to accept payments online.