The BIIA Newsletter July II – 2022 Issue is posted on the BIIA.com website. To download the document, please click on this link: BIIA Newsletter July II – 2022 Issue
The second quarter reporting season is underway. Moody’s reported a 11% drop in growth due a decline in bond issuance. Demand in Moody’s Analytics services grew at an impressive rate following the maxim that information services grow in the age of uncertainty. However, this does not necessarily hold true when lending and investing stops, the rating business suffers.
Equifax’s Q2 revenue grew at 7%. It also announced its 12th acquisition since the beginning of 2021 moving into the post-transaction fraud mitigation. TransUnion results were buoyed by recent acquisitions reporting 30% growth in Q2. Organic growth was 9%.
CRIF continues in making inroads into the Open Banking and Payment Services sectors.
Late Breaking News:
- Moody’s Second Quarter Revenue Growth down 11% – Year to Date down 8%
- Equifax Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Midigator – The 12th Acquisition since the beginning of 2021
- Equifax Q2 2022 Revenue Up 7%
- TransUnion Reports Q2 Revenue Growth of 30% – Organic Growth 9%
- Open Banking: CRIF Enriches Its Offering with a PISP License for CRIF Realtime Ireland
- CRIF Partners with the Italian Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong and Macao to Provide Advanced Business Development Services
- CRIF Invests in BKN301, the Fintech Company Specializing in Digital Payments and Banking-as-a-Service
- FCA Highlights Financial Crime Concerns to Challenger Banks: Commentary by Encompass’ Dr. Henry Balani.
- Encompass Launches Global KYC Digital Transformation Practice
- CTOS, Monash to Advance Consumer Credit Research
- Lucinity & Experian Partner to Tackle Financial Crime and Drive Enhanced Levels of KYB Compliance
- Federation of Indian Export Organizations (FIEO) and Rubix Signed MOU
- Dun & Bradstreet India Appoints C Ramalingam as Senior Director – Operations
- ZoomInfo Joins AWS Partner Network to Improve Data Delivery Through Data-as-a-Service Platform, OperationsOS
News from China:
- China’s First Licensed Personal Credit Agency Baihang Credit Names Ex-PBOC Official Wang Xiaolei as New Chair
- Four Chinese Laws Protect Personal Information
- China’s Central Bank to Beef Up Digital Yuan Rules to Address Privacy Issues
Credit Bureau News:
- TransUnion Hong Kong Launches Free Basic Credit Alert Service
- TransUnion Appoints Hamidou Dia and Ravi Kumar to its Board of Directors
- Experian UK Expands Employment and Income Verification Service
Your editorial team will be taking a summer break. The next newsletter will be published early September. This however does not apply for www.biia.com, which continues to operate as usual with its 24/7 service.
Joachim C Bartels
Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief